MassArray System with Epityper DNA Methylation Analysis
ASRC 4th Floor Rm 4.114
Agena Bioscience MassArray System
The MassArray System is a complete system for discriminating methylated vs. non-methylated DNA; includes software, reagents, and MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry for detection and quantification.
EpiTYPER biochemistry starts with bisulfite treatment of genomic DNA, followed by PCR amplification of target regions. The reverse primers contain a T7 promoter tag. Next, in vitro RNA transcription is performed, followed by base-specific RNA cleavage. Finally, the cleavage products are analyzed using MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry (MassARRAY Analyzer). The methylated and non-methylated cytosine residues in the original genomic DNA are easily distinguished using EpiTYPER Software.
- Please fill sample submission form and attach to samples.
- Please check out as supplies in Badger (link http://cuny1.badgerlms.com/badger/News.html) to submit samples. Please make sure to check both SpectroChIPs and amplicons.
- Users are responsible for designing primers and PCR amplification of the target. The core only processes the samples after PCR of the amplicons.
- Samples must be submitted within one week after PCR amplification. Successful PCR is KEY to successful MassARRAY analysis. A document containing agarose gels showing the PCR results must be co-submitted.
- Results will be returned to users via SFTP.
- Interrogates 10s-100s of samples and CpG sites in amplicons from 200 – 600 bp and detect down to 5% differences in methylation.
- The EpiTYPER technology includes online assay design software, robust biochemistry steps, and precise detection of reaction products using highly quantitative mass spectrometry.
- Can also be used for other nucleic acid analysis methods, including SNP and somatic mutation detection.
- 96 well Chips
Key Supported Applications
- Targeted DNA methylation
- Genotyping and mutation detection