Two Photon Upright Microscope
Zeiss LSM880 Two Photon
ASRC Ground Floor G237
Zeiss LSM 880 NLO Two Photon Microscope
The state of the art Zeiss LSM 880 NLO upright two photon confocal microscope is equipped with tunable Spectra Physics Mai Tai HP DeepSee laser (690-1040 nm) in addition to 6 visible spectrum laser lines (405, 458, 488, 514, 561, 633nm). The multiphoton/two-photon lasers (MP, a category of nonlinear optics, NLO) allow for deeper imaging of fixed tissues or live animals. The Airyscan module offers a superior signal to noise ratio compared to a normal confocal, and combined Fast Airyscan Module delivers high speed comparable to spinning disc confocal. This microscope also includes a special 20x Clarity objective with 5.6mm working distance specifically for imaging transparent specimens such as CLARITY treated tissues.
- Airyscan to achieve 1.7x resolution (140nm XY, 400nm Z) and 4-8x sensitivity
- FAST model for 4x speed up to 100fps
- Mai Tai DeepSee 2 photon for deep tissue imaging
- Axio Observer upright platform with motorized XYZ stage
- Clarity 20X objective with 5.6mm working distance
- Zen Black software with the modules of Z stacks, timelapse, tiling, multi position, co localization, FRAP, super resolution, deconvoltuion, 3D processing.
- Argon: 458, 488, 514 nm
- Diode: 405 nm.
- DPSS: 561 nm
- HeNe: 633 nm.
- Mai Tai DeepSee Tunable Laser: 690-1040 nm.
- Plan Apo 10x/0.45 NA WD=2.0mm
- Plan Apo 20x/1.0 NA water WD=2.3mm
- Plan Apo 40x/1.0 NA Water WD=2.5mm
- Clarity Plan Neofluar 20x/1.0 NA WD=5.6 mm
- 2 PMT’s
- 1 GaAsP (2x sensitivity)
- 1 Airyscan super resolution detector
- 1 Transmitted light detector
- 2 Channel GaAsP detector for 2 Photon
- Super resolution confocal deep imaging of fixed tissues or live samples
- Fluorescence Correlation Spectroscopy (FCS)
- Capturing fast events such as Ca2+ imaging